Kevin's Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Comment Spam and New Rules for Feedback

At the request of one of my visitors a few months ago, I enabled comments on this blog. Since then, only one or two human visitors have commented on my posts, but in the last two weeks, I've gotten about 30 robotic blog spam comments. These comments are surprising well written and contain contexual information about my postings to try to trick me into letting them onto the blog.

When I first noticed the problem, I turned on comment moderation in the hopes that I could just manually filter out the spam. Alas, the constant barage of e-mails for spam comment moderation is getting annoying, so rather than fight with the spammers, I'm just going to turn off comments all together.

So, if you want to leave feedback, I encourage you to e-mail me. Look at the URL of this blog. My e-mail is the first part of the URL at gmail dot com. If you want to leave a comment, I'll add your feedback to any postings.