Kevin's Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Designing Great Experiences: Experience Terms

"Lately my mind has been trying to process all the Experience-related terms that are thrown around in mailing lists, blogs, books, and various articles. Sometimes I think we're all using the same definitions but then I realize we often are not. Terms like "User Experience", "Customer Experience", "Experience Design", etc. are often used with different definitions. A primary area of focus for me is how the "Experience" a company delivers to it's customers (no matter what is sells) differs from "Experience" as a separate offering for which a company charges money.

So, to try and make sense of it all, I attempted to create a diagram to explain the relationships. At this point, think of it as a digital sketch on the back of a napkin. It's neither complete nor completed. It's open for discussion."


-- Designing Great Experiences via Putting people first